Thursday, December 14, 2006

New Job!

I guess it's time for a new post and since I haven't posted about my new job I thought now would be a good opportunity so I don't lose all my viewers!

I recently posted for a new position at work in another department. I wanted the job so bad I could taste it! It is more interactive in terms of interacting with students and the general TWU community. I've enjoyed my job in Accounts Payable for 2 1/2 years and felt that now it was time to move on to a new adventure, one more suited to my personality. Well, when I found out I was the successful candidate I almost fell out of my chair I was so surprised. I knew there were many applicants and a few that I knew and who I thought would definitely beat me out. So, it was a serendipity! By the way, that's my favorite word and it means "unexpected pleasure" (smile). I'll totally miss my co-workers and that will be an adjustment. I'll have to make sure an visit them - keep them in line! Anyways, my new title is Housing Office Coordinator and with the title comes a raise in pay AND an extra week vacation which is just the icing on the cake. It will involve all aspects of dorm living for students I think. Putting them in rooms, dealing with their complaints and other issues. A fair bit of conflict resolution I'm told. Maybe my psychology course will come in handy for this job! Today is their Christmas lunch which I've been invited to. Yikes, that's the only part I'm a bit anxious about - being the new girl on the block. Oh well, I'll deal with it! Anyways, I start on January 2nd and am anticipating a great experience.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! More pay AND more vacation?! YOu lucky gal, you!!

I think you can distract most university students from their bad mood with food like pizza. If you get desperate, its worth a try!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That sounds like it worked out perfectly for you. Isn't it great when that happens! i hope you'll be spending some of that extra vacation time over on this side of the world...

netablogs said...

Sounds like a great job for you! Congratulations! Reminds me of my college days at Trinity, but back then it was a small place. I don't think we had a housing coordinator, or at least I didn't know about it. I'm sure you'll do a great job!

PJ said...

Good for you Aunty D! I'm so proud *sniff sniff*

It sounds like a good job, and what great bonuses! You can come visit us for an extra week every year!!! :P

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun job. A little conflict resolution will only make the job more interesting and rewarding when you know you've helped the situation.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Deanne! Those students will be glad to have you to talk to and I know you're going to be fantastic at it!

Anonymous said...

New Post!!! New POSTTTTTTT