Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Timmies Service Alert . . .


My husband is a Tim Hortons addict. He goes there for coffee or tea every day at least once and often twice ensuring the survival of the coffee house chain. For him, life is good when you take a drive through the country with a Timmies in hand. Well, lately the service at a couple of the locations he frequents has been slipping. It's possible that the drive-through attendants were new and didn't realize that their paycheck was just pulling up to place his daily order. Well, as he often does, he ordered a steeped tea with honey. He paid his pittance and was handed his tea with 2 honeys on the side. He kindly asked if the honey could be put in the tea as it's hard to maneuver when you're driving. He was told "sorry, but we're not allowed to put the honey in the tea". Well, that was the last straw as this was becoming a regular occurrence. When he got home he promptly emailed a complaint to the Tim Horton's head office (not giving specific locations as he didn't want to get the poor girl in trouble). They sent him a long email back and here is an excerpt of the bottom line portion:

"I assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent recurrence of a similar incident. Please be advised that honey should be on the side only if specifically requested by the customer. Therefore, the employee should have put the honey into your tea for you. Also, there should be no additional charge for the honey in the tea."

So, there you have it - at Tim Hortons, the honey is FREE and IN the tea and thanks to my dh you can be rest assured that when you order tea through the drive-through you will now be able to drink it and not wear it . . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for Matt! Reminds me of the old adage: Be committed to do what it takes to get what you want. And he did, and I'm sure he was polite about it. I've never seen Matt impolite! I just had a London Fog yesterday. Yum!!! (not at Timmy's).

Anonymous said...

i like tim hortons but cannnot stand the lineups, so i never go.

Anonymous said...

I stand ashamed as a T.H. employee. That one of my fellow (wo)men would not put the honey in the tea is a tragedy indeed. For the record, I always put the honey in the tea...:P
ps. here's an insiders tip: when you're ordering at the drive thru the screen should say "Lg S Tea- toasted" not "Lg S Tea- honey" because "toasted" is the key word, and if it says honey, they've charged you 50 cents for it! :)

Deanne said...

I guess it's the managers that are insisting on this withhold of service because it happened again to us. After a short explanation of our conversation with head office they still refused to put our honey in the tea insisting they were not allowed to. I guess head office will have to inform the negligent locations . . .

Thanks for the insider's tip Jill -that is very helpful! I'll be watching . . .

Amy A. said...

Yay for Uncle Matt...the Tim Horton customer-rights advocate. What would we do without him.

I didn't even know that you could get honey in your tea there. Now, I'm going to order some today and see what happens.

I'll report back to you.

Anonymous said...

What service, they responded quickly. I didn't know you could get honey in your tea there either.