Sunday, November 26, 2006

Winter Wonderland!

Today I woke up to the most beautiful day! Snow everywhere - and lots of it. It was predicted that we wouldn't be getting any snow at all this year but by the looks of it we have more today than the last few years put together AND it's supposed to continue all week! I love snow when it actually sticks and accumulates so I hope it stays for a while. I think I'll start up the fireplace .. . ok, so it only an electric fireplace (the kind that looks like a fire but it's really lights behind fluttering strip of cloth or something with a heater in it that pumps out heat) but it really does add a touch of coziness! Then I'll make some cinnamon buns which the kids absolutely love and I think I'll make a caramel machiatto for anyone who's interested! Care to join me?

PS: I would have posted a Winter Wonderland picture but my son Jon is skiing at Sun Peaks this weekend and he has my camera! I'll post it next time.

5 comments:

Christina said...

That all sounds so warm and cozy, wish I could join you for the cinnamon buns.

PJ said...

Mmmm...cinnamon buns! And I'll definitely take you up on that Caramel Machiatto!

netablogs said...

We, too have met Old Man Winter today, and he is not happy!

Anonymous said...

Ill join you!! definitely. Are you coming up here in January?

Deanne said...

Yes, Auntie Aneta and I are flying in on January 12th for my mom's 70th birthday and flying out on January 16th. I'm really looking foward to it!