Sunday, November 05, 2006

From cars to trucks to . . . motorcycles???

Mustang #1 June 2006

Jon buys his first car
Mustang #2 July 2006

Jon trades his first car for his second car
Toyota 4x4 August 2006

Jon trades his second car for his first 4x4
Motorcycle Oct. 2006

Jon trades his first 4x4 for his first motorcycle







My son Jon never ceases to amaze me. I really thought that Mr. Monster Truck was here to stay as I indicated in a previous post. Well, after having fun all summer with his huge 4 x 4 truck my "common sense" son decided that as gas prices were so high and he was after all going to become a poor student soon, it would make total sense to trade it in for a motorcycle that he could ride to work for a fraction of the cost. Before I could even think to respond the deal had been made, the truck was gone and a spiffy looking motorcylce arrived at our door. This spontaneity is beginning to sound like a vaguely familiar trend in my family . . . Dad, Don . . . Well, he obvioulsy doesn't have a motorcyle license (we're negotiating on that one) so guess where he rides the dang thing? Yip, in the backyard, front yard and up and down the driveway. My hair just keeps getting more and more gray - he sure keeps our life interesting! I wonder what it will be next . . . perhaps a sensible car?? Not likely!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice motorcycle! Hope he wears all the leather gear when he rides! (spoken as only a concerned parent would!)

Deanne said...

Leather? I want him to wear metal - something like a knight might wear when going off to battle!

Amy A. said...

Yikes...those things scare me. I agree with the full metal outfit....sounds like a GREAT idea!

Anonymous said...

Eric would love to get a motorcycle but I told him that there is absolutely no way. I told him before we got married that i would NEVER be ok with that. he married me anyways. His cousin got one and it seems to keep him satisfied...

Amy A. said...

I don't think I ever see Jon driving a sensible car like a old volvo or buick. It just wouldn't suit him.

Anonymous said...

ya i agree. a motorcycle definitely suits him but so did that 4x4

Anonymous said...

Auntie Deanne....new post?